[Dailydrool] Belated Calendar Day - 4/22/10

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 11:36:25 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Just realized that I forgot to post yesterday which was our calendar day.
Cowboy and Rupert look so well behaved in the photo, but as you all know, it
is all an act. We've been owned by Cowboy since Nov 2006 when he was 4
months old. I joined the drool before he even arrived so that I'd get an
idea of what I was getting into. Wow, it's amazing how fast the time has
flown by. Since buying (eek!) Cowboy and joining the drool I have learned so
much about Basset Hounds and Rescue. In December 2005 we fostered our first
basset, Farley, for a week and then sent him flying on his own private
flight up to Daphneyland where he was later adopted. We have since helped
with various transports and rescue events and eventually were fortunate
enough to have the opportunity to adopt Rupert, the big red boy in the
photo. He was a sickly stray weighing in at only 29 lbs when found. He is
now a hearty 68lb lap dog! He has been with us since May 2008 and is such a
joyous addition to our family.

The boys get along great, well as great as brothers generally get along, and
they bring us so much happiness. Thank you to all of our friends on the
drool who have helped me in the past with various problems, concerns and
requests for drool. We are forever grateful to be part of such an awesome
group.

We chose to have our calendar day on April 22nd, in honor of a wonderful
friend, Melissa Porter's birthday. She died last spring in a car accident
and was a great friend to us and our bassets. She was leaving our home the
night of the accident so I felt like this was something special we could do
to celebrate what would have been her 26th birthday.

Thanks again to all of you, we look forward to sharing our lives
and hounds with you for many more years to come.

Drool to all in need.
Xoxo,
Kacy with Cowboy (treats please!!!) and Rupert (where's da treats?!)
San Diego, CA