[Dailydrool] Lovey ATB

cinkjohn at cox.net cinkjohn at cox.net
Mon Apr 26 10:39:50 PDT 2010

It is with a heavy heart that I let all of you know of the passing of Lovey, a long-time foster with Las Vegas Basset Rescue.  Lovey became ill this weekend, and died in her sleep.  She leaves a giant hole in our hearts.

Lovey was a beautiful, bodacious, babe - seventy-eight pounds of love.  Lovey had been with a wonderful foster family for almost two years, but unfortunately they moved out of the country and so Lovey came to me in July of 2009.   Lovey was 11ish when she came to live with my girls and my hounds.  She was very much set in her ways and not at all happy about moving to a new home.  Over the course of many weeks she gradually came to accept us as her family and transformed into a sweet and happy soul.   No rescue dog has ever made me work as hard to win their love as Lovey did.  It was worth all the effort.

This spring Lovey was the Queen of the St. Patrick's Day parade in Henderson, NV.  She proudly rode in her royal carriage with her King Jack by her side. I think she took all of adulation for granted as I noticed that she dosed off, periodically throughout the course of the parade, but that was Lovey.  She loved going to the dog park to putter around, but most of all she loved to take long naps in the soft grass in our back yard.

All of us at LVBR are saddened to know another loving soul has left for the bridge, but we are grateful that once again our beautiful Lovey is whole and healthy and running free.  We are all better for having her share her life with us.