[Dailydrool] Sore on a toe and smart bassets

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon Apr 26 11:17:33 PDT 2010

Val,

Have you tried duct tape to keep Harley from bothering his toe ? ;) I once knew a German Shepherd, Bubba, who had a similar problem. Bubba lived on the farm where my daughter boarded her horse, and Bubba's vet boarded her horse there, too. Bubba WOULD NOT leave the hot-spot alone, and he was as determined as Harley when it came to removing anything else they tried. The ONLY thing that worked was duct tape, with a gauze pad over the hot spot, and it was done with the vet's blessing. It was better than having Bubba's compulsive chewing just make things worse.

Nancy, owned by Frank the Tank and Tina the Sock-Stealer