[Dailydrool] dumb question - still on S.O.D. & Boswellia

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 27 21:35:06 PDT 2010

SOD & Boswellia is basically a pain medicine, it's not going to do anything
to improve the joints.  The Cosequin is a Glucosamine/Chondroitin Sulfate
formulation which will improve joints, but very slowly.  It's a judgment
call - how long has he been on it and is it helping, how old is he, etc.
You could try him on the SOD&B only and see how it does and then decide.

Here's what I did, don't know if it will help you decide or not - Gracie was
taking MSM for her arthritis and doing fine (until she tore her ACL).  When
we discovered that she had arthritis, I put her on the MSM instead of the
Glucosamine and Chondroitin because of her age, she was at least 10 at the
time and frankly too old for the Glucosamine to ever do her much good, and
MSM works well and immediately on arthritis.  When she tore her ACL in
January we switched to the SOD&B (thank you so much, Debbie Winchester) and
she's doing great, but she will have to take it the rest of her life or else
have major surgery, which we're not going to do on an 11 to 12 year old
chubby girl.  Recently I put Anna on the MSM, she's around 9 and has a very
deformed front leg and it seemed to me when she would wake up and try to
stretch she was acting stiff.  She's not stiff now and is acting perkier
overall, so the MSM is working.  Again, didn't bother with Glucosamine for
her because of her age and how slowly it works.  And no SOD&B for her until
she's obviously in pain and the MSM isn't helping enough.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net

  _____