[Dailydrool] Good Bye to my Basset Beauty

dipugh at aol.com dipugh at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 15:36:21 PDT 2010

This morning we sent our beloved Scarlet O. to the rainbow bridge.  It was a heart wrenching experience.  She came to live with us when she was 8 weeks old on August 28th, 1999.  We had her for 10 1/2 years.  I haven't written on the drool in years.  I have just been lurking and snickering at all the other basset antics.  My heart is broken today and will be for a long long time.  She was the typical pig dog: ate all our food when we weren't looking, ripped apart the trash, liked to sneak up on all the couches, snored really loud.  She always followed me, she slept at my feet every night.  In the summer she sat with me outside while I had a glass of wine, and was NEVER judgemental when I had one glass too many.  We have had her as long as we have been a family, I just don't know how we will go on without her.

In memory of my precious little basset, Miss Scarlet O.

Love, your mom,
Diana