[Dailydrool] optomologists

Judith judith at wittelsholdings.com
Fri Aug 20 10:01:45 PDT 2010

I just read Pam's post on glaucoma and was just about to write my self on the subject. I decided to take Dice for a eye exam as he was hesitating on the stair a few days ago. He had a complete eye check, including pressure for glaucoma and also he got his angles done. I know his parents were tested so I was pretty sure his eyes would check out , they did. The doc explained to me that they check for open angles. If your dog has more narrow angles they could be a more likely candidate for developing glaucoma, but if they are checked and found to have more narrow angles they can start prophylactic treatment which I am told can hold the disease back for about 30 months. It does not matter if your hounds has droopy eyes or not that is not an indication of narrow or open angles.  Hope this will help someone.

Judy