[Dailydrool] Thanks to All

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 09:37:34 PDT 2010

Thanks to those who wished both me a happy birthday and Hannah a happy gotcha day yesterday.  We started the day with two adoptions - both to the same family.  Yippee and enjoy your new home Shiloh and Dodger.  Then off to the vet to get Mimi started on her heartworm treatment - she has a new home too yippee again!  Unfortunately my day wasn't all yippees....I picked up a six to seven year old girl named Cookie from the Miami Animal Control.  She was a stray and they told me she had a bad eye that might need to be removed.  Sadly I discovered when I got there that she had two bad eyes - glaucoma - and they will both need to be removed.  She is totally blind and and having a hard time adjusting to life at basset headquarters - wondering around running into everything and snarking at the bassets as they come up to greet her. She is very scared right now.    Cookie is very sweet, her tail wags all the time and when you get near here she rolls over for a
 belly rub and she has two lace ears!  I've never seen a lace ear in person and now to have one that has two.  Please keep Cookie in your prayers.  She is scheduled for a bilateral enucleation on Tuesday and please, if you haven't bought your Pacific Basset Feet mug, hurry!  The profits are slim on the mug but what profits are made will be used to pay for the many vet bills we incur....and now with Cookies' surgery....
Go to the PX for all your PBF needs http://www.pacificbassetfeet.net/PX.html

Drool to all in need,

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.