[Dailydrool] Uniforms and OEBE

Susan Murray-Grage mzkrazykat at live.com
Sun Aug 1 10:27:52 PDT 2010

Lucy and Charlie's uniforms arrived Friday and they were just thrilled to try them on and model for their PBF photo.  Lucy preferred Charlie's uniform to her own, and tried to disrobe him for the duration of their photo session.  I tried to explain to her that by definition, Charlie's uniform was the same as her own, but she can be very stubborn.  The uniforms are as everyone has said: beautiful design and workmanship!  Otie, our absolutely-NOT-a-basset-wannabe showed a tad of envy, despite his life long preference as a nudist.
That was Friday.
Now for OEBE nomination:

On Saturday Dennis (he-slave) and I went kayaking. As we were driving home I was beginning to ache in my neck and arms, and was thinking how I was looking forward to getting home and being lazy.  Dennis was talking about working on a greenhouse project , and I was thinking, ugh, I don't feel like that, but I didn't want to say anything because the greenhouse is my project, so to speak.  So, we drive in, and no body comes running out. (unusual)  We see Otie on the porch, where usually all three would be gathered with tails wagging.  We get out of the car, and gather some things to take in, and Otie finally comes running to the gate.  That was a relief, and then a couple of bassets come out and come running. Whew!  I was envisioning Otie had massacred his siblings out of fit of pique, but it seemed all was well.
 Then we went inside:  This is why many people don't have dogs.

We once had one basset, but then we adopted little Angel Lucy (Lucy-fur?).

Stepping into the house was like stepping into a crack house.  Well not really.  But it was bad.  The smell of feces just knocked us over.  Charlie, the acrobat, had gotten the bottle of glucosamine chondroitin(sp) tablets  I've been giving to Otie and Charlie.  They each get 1/2 tablet every other day.  The bottle had about thirty (??) tablets and now was empty.  It was obvious that Lucy had eaten them or at least most of them.  Despite her youth, Lucy takes from Charlie whatever he has that she wants.  Well Mr. Acrobat lost his tablets.  Lucy ate them and then had diarrhea all over the living room: particularly on the (new) rug.  Then Charlie joined in the dog fun, and peed on a couple of corners (Otie can't shoot that high).  They had also rummaged through stuff and dispersed papers and things around the kitchen just for good measure.  (the acrobat can jump up on the island) So by the time we had gotten a handle on the clean up - I shampooed the rug out on the deck multiple times, but we're going to need to take it to a pro - it stinks, we were thoroughly exhausted, and the dogs were completely rested from their morning and ready to go.  So we took them on a walk, and played with them outside.  Then I noticed the absence of basset #1,. aka the acrobat.  That is usually a bad thing.  I went in to catch Charlie trying to smuggle the bag of almond cookies out the dog door.  He's still not 100% evil, and so he didn't get away, and I retrieved the cookies still in the bag.  But wait, what about everything else in that bag (our treats from the kayaking, which we had forgotten in the chaos of the house we returned to)?  The grapes were still there - but why steal fruit?  And then on the felt pad left where there had been a rug, was the little wax paper bag that had once contained two pieces of dark chocolate bark?  So Charlie got his dessert.  He did not get sick and Lucy is over her runs, and now we know why Otie was sitting alone on the front porch with that look of superiority he has.

Today the evil siblings are trying to make up for yesterday by producing copious amounts of drool for all in need.

Susan - she-slave to Charlie, Lucy and yes, Otie
Susan Murray-Grage
Underhill, Vermont