[Dailydrool] Marie Bradley ATB

C Bradley cbradley at bradleyaudio.com
Mon Aug 2 20:59:45 PDT 2010

Marie joined our household as a 10 or 12 week old 10 or so years ago, along
with her sibling Jean Claude. She was all basset - sweet, mischievous, soft
as down, rolled in anything stinky she could find, and could find food a
mile off. She had a great life - she was cherished by us but especially by
Claude, who snuggled with her at night and with whom she was inseparable. As
hard as it was to lose her to a really aggressive cancer, we were relieved
it was Marie who went first because she never could have survived without
Claude. And like all siblings, they had their fierce battles every now and
again, and someone's ears got slashed - usually Claude's. She's on the Drool
calendar Nov 14 2010 - breaking a path through the snow. Her favorite spot
was on the couch, and when she got too crippy to get up there on her own, we
got her stairs. There, she often slept with Claude, or sat with her head in
a lap, or, in her crankier moments, told whoever was in her space to move
off. She always had time to greet the cats or the goats and was the dog we
trusted most to be gentle and make cross-species buddies. If anyone was at
the Oregon Basset games a couple of weeks ago, she was in her little wagon,
sleeping through the games, every once in awhile opening an eye to make sure
we were there next to her. She attended past basset events in Colorado and
Washington. And even at her sickest, she whined to be petted because she
knew we could never resist her requests and that soft, soft coat. She was so
happy all the time - when she didn't feel up to wagging this morning, and
was reluctant to take her favorite treat, chicken jerky, we knew it was time
to say goodbye to our little personal ray of sunshine. We miss her so much.

Seth & Christie Bradley in Hood River, OR
Sister to 3 dogs - Claude, Otis, & Izzy, 3 cats - Java, Storm, and Carly, 1
goat - Chauncey, 3 chickens and 3 ducks.