[Dailydrool] Slave Training

Roland, Duke of Ears handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 15:42:20 PDT 2010

This is Roland, Duke of Ears.  Even though I am old, I'm still tryin to get the slaves in shape.  Truman is helping me, too.  We both are pretty spoiled.

Now, I've been feeling a little peaked, and I don't always leap outa the bed in the mornings.  In fact, I neber do. I wait for Truman and Deohgee to get up, go outside, hear the slave making the coffee and getting the kibble inna bowl.  When the kibble hits the bowl, that's my signal to go downstairs to eat.  Why rush?

Sunday I didn't even feel like gettin up for the kibble. So, I stayed in the bed. Mom had to go to a church meetin', so she couldn't stay home.  So, she brought me up my morning meds, encased in peanut butter, which I always get in the morning.  Also, and this is the best part, she brought me up some chicken jerky right to my bed, so I could eat it w/o gettin up.  Then she called the Dad and told him to get right home to take care of me..

So, I finally came downstairs to eat my breakfast at about noon.  Now, I have instituted a new rule that I will only eat the kibble if it has some Nancy's non-fat yoghurt on it.  Sometimes I take chicken broth or cottage cheese. But it has to have a topping.

By Monday, I was feeling much better but had to see Arthur Mills, DVM.  So did old Deohgee. Deohgee has refused to walk into the Dr. office since he got his ears "deep cleaned."  But I walked with him and helped him with the sniffin' so he would walk in the door. I can't say that Deohgee and I are still 2 Wild and Crazy Guys, but we are old gents who help each other. Truman is another story for another day.

Roland