[Dailydrool] Thank You

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:41:46 PDT 2010

We are still struggling with the heartache of losing Lily. She impacted our
lives so completely that I could spend days writing about it and never get
it all down.  You all know how that is.  She came to us as a 6 week old
puppy from a back yard breeder when we didn't know any better.  But it was
because of her that we learned .  We made so many friends.  We got to travel
many places.  We have had the opportunity to teach others.  Lily embraced
life as a royal basset...training us completely, training the mail lady,
training the vets, training the neighbors. She also enjoyed life as a basset
taking down trash cans, taking over our...er..her front porch, taking over
the neighborhood. Her favorite things were frosty paws, trash, lilyburgers,
our food, wearing hats and getting attention and most importantly Italian
bread. No matter where I hid the bread she could find it.

Interestingly, the people we got her from told us they called her
"Princess". Little did we know.

So here we are, 13 years later, with Murph -a basset-coonhound mix ,
Penelope- a coonhound, Phoebe-a basset and Rudy- a basset...all of them
having been rescued from bad situations...some of them with some
baggage...but they are thrilled to be our family and we are thrilled to have
them.

Bless you Lily, my sweet girl,  for all that you gave us and taught us and
all that has come our way because of you.

And bless you everyone, for your kind thoughts and words and most
importantly your friendship.

 Pat Mayer & family
--
Drool to all in need.