[Dailydrool] Garter sneek

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Aug 4 09:51:12 PDT 2010

We are so sorry to hear that Marie has made her journey to the bridge.
Take heart that she is now a young & healthy hound once again.  May she
live forever in the magic of your memories.

Yesterday afternoon we had a little excitement at ASTT HQ. No crap there
I was on poop patrol, the boys were lounging under the oak tree after
chasing a squirrel back to the Squirrelistan Embassy. I was just
finishing up and the boys decided to come over to check on my work, when
they came across a garter snake. This is the first snake that they have
ever seen (at least as far as I know of).  So they sniff it, it slithers
away, they are a little startled by its movements. Curiosity gets the
better of them and they track it back down.  They sniff, it slithers
away, they jump, and then they track it.  This happens about 3 or 4
times. Then somehow Ruger ends up in front of it, I guess he over ran
the snakes trail.  While he is trying to find the trail again, Colt who
is behind Ruger and obviously still on track, finds the garter snake,
sniffs it and it slithers away...in-between Rugers back legs and out
in-between his front legs, right under his sniffing nose. That poor
hound must have jumped 4 feet off the ground...He then just stood there
for a few moments shaking his head and had this look of WTH?  I almost
fell over with laughter!  Colt went running up to his brother to see
what was going on and to find that crazy, slithering critter that dared
to go under Ruger.  Luckily this time the snake had crawled into the
pond flower bed area that is fenced in to keep hounds from fishing, and
pulling my plants out of the pond.

Drool to all the sick, or injured hounds and humans
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers.
Colt "What the H*&% is that thing?
Ruger "Where did it go?  Holy Cow, there it is"