[Dailydrool] Eating dead things and unhappy campers

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sat Aug 7 08:34:33 PDT 2010

Happy Gotcha day to Sister Anna

Heather, Thanks for sharing the NEBHR video...I laughed, I cried, I laughed again and cried some more...and at the end i went and hugged my hounds.

Colt & Ruger will eat dead animals also.  If I catch them I make them drop it & go into the house while I get the pooper scooper and a paperbag to pick up the poor dead thing and put it in the outside trash bin.  Sometimes I have had to pry it out of their mouths and yes it is gross, but much better for me to grossed out a bit than for my furkids to get sick.  We have had a problem down here with West Nile virus.  I don't  know if the boys could catch it from eating a dead animal or not, but that is not a chance that I am willing to take.  If I could figure out how to make them gargle and spit out Listerine I would do that after they have something dead in their mouths.  Also...you never know if the animal was killed by another animal or if it died from eating something poisonious that could poison your dog by them eating the dead thin. Better to be grossed out and keep your hound safe than to let them eat it and be sorry later.  Just my 2 cents.

The boys are not happy campers today, because of the heat, humidity and whatever is making them itch and break out, momma has confined them to the house.  Poor abused hounds!  Colt is sleeping behind me while I sit at the computer desk and Ruger...well I am sure he is either at the sliding glass door or sitting in his perch looking out into the back yard through the big picture window longer to go out and hunt down the terrorist squirrels.  I hear the word trial for treason going through Rugers mind.  Hehehe...I wonder if I can bribe my way out of it with chicken jerky or honeydew melon.

Drool to all the sick or injured hounds and humans
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt - Who eats anything that doesn't eat him first
Ruger - who is a little more selective.