[Dailydrool] leg ulcer help

Paul Hempel skypylot at ezl.com
Sun Aug 8 07:51:22 PDT 2010

Dear Droolers,

We have a problem with what appears to be a decubital ulcer on our
old dear Bella's leg and we need some advice.

It's an open sore on her leg, at what I guess is the knee on a
Basset, that we're having a hard time healing.  We're making progress
with hydrotherapy suggested by one vet.  (the other vet thought it
was a hygroma and wanted to just do expensive surgery)

It's almost like a bedsore and we're having a hard time keeping her
on a padded surface and not laying on the side with the wound.  What
we're hoping is that some of you have fought this battle before and
have some tricks and advice.

Yes, like so many of our Basset Friends, she's overweight and under
active, though I've seen much worse in Bassets.  She's also got more
than a few years on her.

Thanks so much for any ideas, we all thank you in advance from the
bottom of our short legged hearts.

Paul H.