[Dailydrool] Vets in the Portland, OR area

debbie jenkins homerandbob at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 11:44:54 PDT 2010

Can any Portland, Oregon area droolers recommend a vet? I'm becoming very
disenchanted with our current vet and her vet tech is just awful. The boys
had their ususal nail trim and anal glands drained that we do about every 30
days or so yesterday. The vet tech is awful at nail trims - she quicked Bob
so bad that he was bleeding profusely everywhere. She had him on the floor
trying to turn his paws back so she could continue to trim his nails, I
finally had to tell her to stop that he was stressing out big time and
bleeding all over the place. Needless to say I was in tears by the time we
left and don't want the tech to touch either one of my dogs again. The vet
herself isn't bad but she overbooks or is just slow I don't know. I was
there for an hour and half just to do those two things. Am I being
unreasonable? She charges $25.75 for a nail trim and about the same for anal
gland expression...I just feel like I can find somebody that does better
than this and I just don't want to subject them to anymore of this kind of
crap...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Debbie, Momperson to Homer ob da West & Sweet Bobbers