[Dailydrool] Daisy's gone blind

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Tue Aug 10 13:41:51 PDT 2010

Sadly, after 5 years, Daisy has lost the sight in her second
eye.  The eye doc originally thought she would lose it
within a year after the first one went. I guess I can say
she was lucky, but everything we did failed.  We had the
laser surgery and a shunt put in, kept up the 5 different
kinds of eye drops 3 times a day, but the doc said you can
do everything right but sometimes it's just not enough.
Glaucoma is horrible.  The sad thing is I don't think her
nose is working either.  She can't find her food bowl when
it is right in front of her and last night she walked into
the swimming pool.  Thank DOG dadslave was standing there
and pulled her right out.  She knows our yard and the pool.
I just can't believe she did that.  I don't want to remove
the eye yet, as I want to keep up a ray of hope that there
is some vision, some times, but the meds are so very
expensive.  Removing her eye seems so final, especially if
she can't smell either. I guess we just need a little drool
that we make the decision when the time is right.
Ann, Daisy, Lance, Arthur, Conrad and Lacy on her way.