[Dailydrool] Lucy is back from the vet

Diana Grove degrove at dental.tcd.ie
Wed Aug 11 23:57:15 PDT 2010

I am glad to report that Lucy returned home yesterday afternoon minus
four or five lumps, with two further burst lumps cleaned and sutured,
one decayed molar tooth removed, clean teeth and short nails!   The vet
is happy that none of the lumps are suspicious and we are hoping for
uneventful healing.

Lucy however is not impressed and wants to jump at the window sill and
bark at the cat.  She has a little difficulty getting comfortable lying
down, due to all the prickly stitches, but she slept well last night and
all the wounds seem dry.  She goes back today to have one of the wounds
which was drained and back again in a fortnight to have the stitches
removed.  (cost including exam last weekend, drainage today, stitch
removal, pre-op bloods, general anaesthetic, pain
killing/anti-inflammatory injection and tablets for three days, under
$600).  Our vets in Dublin are reasonable for operations etc. and really
expensive for nail-cutting etc. - I suppose they consider it a waste of
their expertise.

There will be even more spoiling than usual going on for a while.

Diana and Frank