[Dailydrool] Bassets knowing other bassets

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Aug 13 09:26:37 PDT 2010

<<Henry plays with his best friend Molly, also a basset, around the corner
and I swear he knows the difference between a basset and another breed. He
plays differently with bassets then he does with other dogs.>>

Absolutely bassets know their own breed when they see it! Our Belvedere will
go to basset events and bark at any nonbassets who are there. He's never
barked at a basset. Abner barks at dogs passing by in the neighborhood, but
he never barks at bassets who are at rescue events. Jane seems to love all
dogs, but I'm sure she knows a basset when she sees or smells it.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets