[Dailydrool] Ruptured cysts and escapees

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Sat Aug 14 14:07:19 PDT 2010

What a couple of days!

Yesterday, Fiona's cyst decided to rupture.  I've never experienced this before and am quite proud to admit I only gagged once. I couldn't get a vet appointment til today, so spent the day applying warm compresses.  So disgusting.

Today, as I was getting Fiona out the door, Lucy escaped out the back door. I guess she didn't want to be left behind.  I was frantic, because I live in a condominium and the back isn't fenced. I ran out calling for her, fearing she'd run into the street.  Not my silly girl. She ran around and was waiting for me at the front door. I locked her in the bedroom and took Fiona in.

The vet cleaned everything out and put her on antibiotics for two weeks. I'm still applying compresses, but am hopeful that things are on the upswing. Lucy was glad to see us when we got home.

Drool to all in need.

Adrienne, Fiona & Lucy