[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's nighttime adventure

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Aug 16 07:00:30 PDT 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela is very good about letting me sleep through the
night.  I put her out between midnight and 1 am, give her a
cookie, then she is ready for bed.  (This is not to imply
that she hasn't been stretched out snoring on the couch all
evening) She may get up in the night to go to another room
or change positions, but this doesn't involve waking me up.
She doesn't bother me until sometime between 6 and 7 in the
morning when she starts clearing her throat and letting me
know that she is ready to go downstairs to go out to do her
business and have breakfast.  If she is downstairs sleeping
on the couch, she will come up when she hears me stirring or
she thinks I should be stirring.

Last night, I went to bed just after midnight and Miss Angela
curled up beside the bed.  All was well.  About 2, I woke to
the sound of Angela howling pitifully with intermittent sharp
barking.  Convinced that we had an intruder, I hurried (as
much as I ever hurry) downstairs to check things out. I
checked the front and back doors, not finding her either in
or outside either door.  I still heard the howling sounds.
I went back upstairs to see if I could find her.  Somehow
she had gotten herself shut into the spare bedroom/library.
She must have curled up to sleep in there and accidentally
pushed the door shut.  She was so glad to see me that it
made me wonder how long she had been in there. ( Now that I
mention it, maybe I should go up and check the room out for
little gifts.)

After I rescued her from her prison, I took her back down
to let her outside, just in case she had more the howl
about.  Not this time.  She went out by the pond and lay
down to go back to sleep.  I do not leave her out at
night so I was stuck.  I either had to go out in my sleep
attire (skivvies) and force her to come in or wait her out.
Luckily, she responded to a call in about 3 minutes and
came in.  By then, I was wide awake.  She went back to bed
immediately and I had to read for 45 minutes or so until I
was relaxed enough to go back to sleep.

As I write this, I can hear Angie snoring mightily from the
couch.  I think I will have to rouse her to take our walk.

Bill (Or I could take a nap)
Angela (SKNXXXXXX)