[Dailydrool] Ghosts

Dianne Taylor sokermom5 at live.com
Wed Aug 18 09:17:04 PDT 2010

My daughter had a beautiful red and white Basset named Calvin.  Calvin became my heart dog when Ashley went to college.  Unfortunately, Calvin passed away from surgery complications to remove a foreign object from his intestines in December 2003.  (I felt as if I might die from the heartbreak of losing Calvin).  Ashley has a small picture of Calvin on her bookshelf and the picture moves every single night.  She first thought it was vibrations from her upstairs neighbors, but they moved, and the picture continued to move.  She would push it back from the edge of the bookshelf at night, and in the morning, it would have moved to the front again.  She moved back home and the picture stopped moving.  When she moved to her new apartment a couple of years ago, the picture started moving again.  I always felt that as long as she was home, Calvin knew she was safe.  I think he moved the picture to let her know he was always watching over her.  I never had a sign from Calvin, but I sure would have liked one.  I have always believed there are spirits among us.

Dianne - Mommy to Morgan, J.D., foster girl Betty, Calvin (ATB), and Fred (ATB)