[Dailydrool] Ghosts

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 16:40:23 PDT 2010

Just to chime in on the ghost thing - I totally believe although I have yet
to have an experience of my own. :)

Our friend Melissa passed away last year in a car accident on her way home
from our house. The funeral was delayed for several weeks and on the day of
the funeral James and I left to go. Afterward, we stopped back by the house
on our way to the reception and their was a card in the mail from my grandma
who lives in Washington. She had no knowledge of Melissa's death or the
grief we were experiencing but she happened to send me a card with a basset
keychain inside. She wrote in the card that she'd been shopping in the
fabric store when she heard a dog howling. She looked down and saw this
basset keychain and it told her (I swear - she said this, so if anyone is
crazy it ain't me) "Kacy needs me." She ended the card with "Ps. he said his
name is Brutus".

Well Brutus was the name of Melissa's dog who often played with our hounds.
And since her death I'd been thinking of him and how he must feel for his
mom to have never made it home. To top off the "weirdness", the card was
post-marked for March 5, the day of Melissa's accident, but it got lost in
the mail and had to be redelivered and just happened to arrive 3 weeks later
on the day of her funeral.

And on the same day, as we stopped home and got the card, we spoke with
James' dad who lived with us at the time. He said he'd been watching TV in
his room while we were at the funeral when he heard someone open the front
gate to our courtyard. The boys started howling in excitment as if someone
was there so he walked to the our entry way and the front door was ajar as
if someone had opened it and slipped inside. Then he looked in the living
room and there was smoke in the air and the dogs were jumping all around in
it. Then it just disappeared.

I dunno, but to me this brought some comfort in a weird way. So yes, even
though I've had no encounters or witnessed my dogs have them, I do believe
they happen.

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert