[Dailydrool] Violeta's glaucoma, questions

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 19 19:47:05 PDT 2010

Hi everyone

We have some questions:

1. What do you guys do to preserve the eye that is well?

2. Is it possible to maintain only with eye drops?

3. Do any of you know about a surgery in which they go in the back of the eye and remove the part responsible for the "clogging". In this way the eye won't have high pressure, so she won't be in pain. Her eye-vet said he has 90% of success and this made we really considering. We don't like the idea of removing the eye. I know it seems inhumane but I know it is just the opposite.

Any hint, advice, etc... will be greatly appreciated. It is a very stressing and worrisome time. We look at her eyes many times a day to see how both eyes are doing. We press them a little bit to see if she complains, but we don't know if she would react if in pain.

Oh, there are so many questions...

Thanks and drool to all

Virginia with Xaxa and Violeta