[Dailydrool] questions about glaucoma

Sally K. Russell sally at slokr.com
Fri Aug 20 06:59:04 PDT 2010

Virginia,

We unfortunately had the  experience with our Browser, age 7 now.  He developed this horrid disease at 5 and went immediately blind in that eye.  Our opthamology vet performed an ablation proceedure in which a needle is inserted in the eye kills all of the tear cells which take away the pain and of course, there is no sight.  A year later, after eyedrops three times a day, his other eye went blind and we had the same proceedure performed.  His eyes have been perfectly fine, one for 2 years and the other for over a year now.  We go back every six months to have them checked.  One eye is a little lighter but the other is perfectly fine.

Browser is doing great and people have a hard time believing he is blind.  If you want any more info., feel free to contact me back channel.

Sally