[Dailydrool] Repawt from Truman Colvin

Roland, Duke of Ears handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 10:24:45 PDT 2010

This is Truman Colvin.  I saw on the DD Calendar a picture of Truaman Conrad with Brody.  I saw "hi Truman."  You are in Iowa, son our paths will probably not cross.  Nonetheless, I think we have a cool name!

I'm very sorry for the sick hounds and their people. Old Deohgee at our house (Noah Go Slowah's stunt double) had a small stroke. Now he can't walk down the stairs.  This is not good as the dad had surgery and can't carry Deohgee.  Mom just takes him out front and "voila!"  Deohgee will be 14 next month, if the old codger makes it.  I have had to take over some of his duties, like barking hysterically at the next door dog at the beach house.  It's not an easy job, but someone has to do it.

We got a truckload of mushroom compost, supposedly "clean." Well, apparently clean did not indicate an absence of some enchantingly good smell like chicken poop. I love to roll in it.  However, this is not a popular pasttime with the mom. I have spent more time in the bath tub since the compost delivery.

My best thing during the week was having my grandboy Nicholas spend the night.  He played and played with me, and we slept together, of course.

Good news is that Roland made $807 on his Firstgiving page for Oregon Basset Hound Rescue.  Vet bills are coming in, so the money donated is much appreciated.

Love,
Truman Colvin