[Dailydrool] Golden Empire would like to announce the arrival of puppies!!

JILL PETERSON jpx at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 22 20:11:49 PDT 2010

GEBR is proud to announce the arrival of Miss Lucy's litter.   Miss Lucy delivered early this morning and now that things have settled down, we have more information to post.

Lucy in the sky with Diamonds is the proud mother of 8 puppies, 3 females and 5 males.

Lucy was found wandering the streets of Lemoore dragging a 6ft rope.  She was taken in by a very kind family who attempted to find where she belonged.  Nobody came forward to claim Lucy and so they contacted basset rescue.

Around the same time we had a wonderful family contact us asking if we had a hound they could foster, preferrably a pregnant hound or an abandonded litter. Talk about timing!

The transfer was arranged and Lucy was taken to her new home.  She settled in nicely and has been shown what it feels like to be loved and pampered.

You can check out Lucy's firstgiving page and get a peek at mom and pups at......

http://www.firstgiving.com/puppiespuppiespuppies

Raising a litter of puppies takes quite a bit of money.  Every little bit helps.  Please send what you can afford so Lucy and her puppies can get the routine and medical care they need to have a great start on life.

Lucy's foster mother has set up a blog for Lucy and her puppies.  You can access her blog by going to our website     www.gebr.org  and clicking on the (blue) word puppies.

Jill and the hounds of GEBR