[Dailydrool] Allergies and Shots

dke ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 03:45:10 PDT 2010

I was talking to my neighbor yesterday and was given the saddest news.  One of Ella's friends Yoshi is dying.  But the part that scared me the most is the reason.  Yoshi has terrible allergies.  They do not even let her outside unless they are holding her and they feed her black beans and mashed sweet potatoes.  They were changing to a new dog groomer and they required Yoshi be given a certain shot.  This same shot is required for kenneling a dog.   I do not remember the shot exactly, but if anyone is familiar with the name please post it.  It was something like DSLH.  I do not want to ask my neighbor at this time to repeat the name.  But the shot is causing a reaction to Yoshi's allergies and it is literally killing her.  Her blood count is 5 when it is supposed to be in the 200's.  They are having to watch her die before their eyes and her body is bruising to the touch.  The vet is trying her hardest to save Yoshi, but Tuesday's blood count will tell.  Please send special drools to Yoshi, but also ask your vet about this shot before you ever allow it to be given to your hound.  This scares me to no end.

Diane