[Dailydrool] multiple urinations

Jaclyn Chancey jaclyn.chancey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 11:00:35 PDT 2010

Alison -

It depends on the hound and where you are. Abbie tends to pee all at once in
her own yard, but if we take her out for a walk, she's the world's most
prolific marker. She'll squat and pee fumes to make sure she gets her say!
:)  Abbie is also a complete Queen "B" and alpha. Missy (ATB) was exactly
the same way.

Almost-queen Jake (also ATB) also squatted multiple times, but that was
because she was very food motivated. We housetrained her when she was 9
years old, deaf, and half-blind (it can be done!) by giving her treats
immediately after she peed or pooped. Jake was not the world's smartest
hound, but she saved all her IQ for food. Pretty soon she learned to take
multiple pee and poop stops to get maximum treats. Then I caught her faking
it on walks: she'd pause like she had peed, then trot up to us and ask for
her treats. Nothing like being outsmarted by your "stupid" hound!

Enjoy your baby's quirks!
- Jaclyn