[Dailydrool] itchy dogs

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 11:05:46 PDT 2010

Well,  Maggie wags is my second Basset with severe allergies and as  soon
as I recognized the symptoms I started her on desensitizing shots  I  only
wish I would have done something sooner for my first Basset Lucy, after  years
of preds,  it damaged her liver  and she died of liver disease  at 11 1/2
so I am a firm believer in the desensitizing shots,  I also  give Maggie and
Annie a good diet they both eat California natural lamb &  rice and they
both get 1 1/2 tablespoons of pure salmon oil in their diet every  day.
Maggie is really allergic to the grass and that is still a problem,  not a big
one, but never the less a problem,  I was her paws with a cold  wash cloth and
I apply a very small amount  of hydro cortizone  cream between her  pads
and she wears baby socks  to prevent  licking,  it is actually the licking
that makes every thing escalate with  her feet,  the baby socks are a  life
saver. knock on wood ( my  head ) but my girls shed very little and Annie has
absolutely no wax   or ear problems,  Maggie has some because of her
allergies.   If  and when  they seem to have a problem with itching I give them a
benadryl

seriously  though, get some baby socks,  I get 0 to 6  months  , you just
have to watch so you dont rip a toe nail,  Maggie  is actually pretty good
about leaving them on

Marlene  mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie