[Dailydrool] Odd question

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 20:52:26 PDT 2010

Ok, this is a new one on me. Shadow was licking her girlie parts a LOT
today. When I finally took a look, I found that her vulva is quite swollen
and it looks like she may have been bitten/stung by something. Poor girl is
very swollen, red and irritated. I gave her a Benadryl at dinner time and
before bed and used some OTC cortisone cream. Any other suggestions? We will
definitely be heading for our vet man tomorrow if the swelling hasn't
subsided but is there anything else that I should be doing and should I be
freaking out more than I am? I tried looking up canine vulvitis but I found
sites that no one should ever see!! I need parental controls on my computer
for me!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger