[Dailydrool] Help and Advice

sdeaton3 at bellsouth.net sdeaton3 at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 24 11:40:07 PDT 2010

For Linda and Zoey,

Possible help for the paw licking.......Boomer had this problem last summer and his constant licking was driving me crazy.  I could find nothing wrong when I looked at his foot but one weekend (no vet available) his toes got red and swelled up.  He licked until it started to drain and by Monday he was better.  In about a week it started again but was on a Monday so I took him to the clinic.  When I told his vet about what had been going on, she said she was pretty sure what was causing the problem.  She said she suspected a grass seed with a little sticker on it had gotten between his toes.  She lanced it and sure enough, that's what it was.  It had been there so long that it had worked its way deep into the tissue and wouldn't come out without what she did when she lanced it.  He's been fine ever since.  Good luck to Zoey and you.  I know it must be awful for both of you to have to deal with socks!

Sandra, Boomer and his seven best friends (his cats).......