[Dailydrool] This and that...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 20:16:43 PDT 2010

 Hello Drooler friends,

Over the past day or two we've gotten a reprieve from the really hot temperatures and high humidity we were experiencing.  The houndage is much happier to do their walkies when the air is not oppressive.  Rain, however, is another story.  Those scoundrels will plod sullenly through the downpour, looking for all the world like four poor, mistreated wretches.  Wretches, yes!  Poor and mistreated, not so much.  Each one of them stubbornly head their pee and waited until they were back inside before letting loose their own style of torrential downpour.  They all came THIS close to being hairless Bassets.  And, had more than a nodding acquaintance with the garage for the the remainder of the day.

Healing drool to all with sick or itchy hounds.  Reading about all those for whom this is a problem makes me ever so grateful ours do not have allergies.  Poor Jake - I know people and dogs can get bitten by spiders but never heard of it getting slimy afterward.  Yuck!

Synthia - It was good to hear your voice again and that you are beginning to settle into your knew surroundings.  How sad that your furkids mistook the dog park Neufie for Ace.  I'm sure they wonder what happened to the rest of their pack.  Condolences on Bud's loss.  Never easy but especially when one's life has been turned topsy-turvy lately.

Sally - Loved the photos you shared.  Rolph is such a funny guy and Clara is a beauty.

The article comparing German Shepard's with Basset Hounds was interesting.  I'd have to say for the most part, if, as MomPerson says, the strange and unpredictable behavior is more seizure related that Basset specific, it's on the money.  He's description of his hound's Flat Basset, rolls abounding, was quite the visual, LOL.

Got a good belly laugh over the senior houndette's heat persona, LOL.  Guess if dogs go through menopause, she isn't there yet.

Marlene - As ever, your stories are a hoot.  So, been shopping with the DH lately, LOLOL.

Have been enjoying Secret Pawtner.  Good fun getting to know other Droolers.

Hugs and snooters to all,
Sandi, Mamalslave to the NJ 4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley