[Dailydrool] In the News

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Aug 25 07:39:34 PDT 2010

It sounds to me as if no one warned this fellow about the basset
personality. I have to laugh at his assumption that dogs should be like his
GSD, ever willing to obey his every behest. Maybe he thinks a bit too much
of himself and needed a basset to put things in perspective.

I don't know that science would prove his left brain-right brain idea, but I
do think that bassets tend to find homes with creative people because they
are not so uptight about all the "rules." Obviously the author of the
article is a left brain human.

I thiink I will make the most of my right brain hounds. I don't expect them
to follow all the rules, even my rules. I am happy if they follow my rules
most of the time. Then again, I'm not particularly fond of rules
either--unless we're talking grammar rules. Those are the ones I need to be
inflexible about, since I'm an editor/writer.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets