[Dailydrool] Right-brained bassets, left-brained owner

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 11:24:51 PDT 2010

I had to laugh when Pam said that perhaps bassets find homes with creative people, because they don't care so much about the rules.  I am the least creative person on the planet, and a total stickler for rules and order.  You can imagine how my world was turned upside-down when not one, but two, "creative" bassets moved in!  When I bought my house, I had every box unpacked within 2 days, everything was in its place and the house was spotless.  3 months later, Fred and Annie arrived.  Now my beautiful new pillows are stored in the basement, replaced by a ratty old blanket that covers the couch.  I am forever behind on sweeping up dog hair, every entryway has a mat in front of it (but the mud still makes its way onto the kitchen floor), Annie has just started moving farther away from her water bowl to dribble now that I placed a Sham-Wow under the bowl to try and catch her puddles (I lose again!)

They have caused me to lighten up, loosen up, and relax.  They drive me totally nuts with their sloppiness, stubborness, and general disinterest in anything I say.  However, I laugh more, get outside more, and get more cuddles and slobbery kisses than ever before...I wouldn't go back to my world of perfection and order for all the money in the world!!

Rose, Annie (I am a messy eater and drinker) and Fred (and I like to roll in the dirt!)