[Dailydrool] Right-brained bassets, left-brained owner

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Aug 26 07:14:35 PDT 2010

<<I had to laugh when Pam said that perhaps bassets find homes with creative
people, because they don't care so much about the rules. I am the least
creative person on the planet, and a total stickler for rules and order....
They have caused me to lighten up, loosen up, and relax. They drive me
totally nuts with their sloppiness, stubborness, and general disinterest in
anything I say. However, I laugh more, get outside more, and get more
cuddles and slobbery kisses than ever before...I wouldn't go back to my
world of perfection and order for all the money in the world!!>>

Aha, the bassets are making you creative (in their own sense of that word),
whether you want to be or not. Another case of basset slave training.
Someone who cannot go with the flow would have tossed out those pups long
ago. They just brought out a new side of you that you didn't even know you
had.

Bassets are wonderful for people. But I admit that before mine came, I too
had a neater home--though I've never been much of a housekeeper. Ben
Franklin may have thought that cleanliness was next to godliness, but it's
certainly not a basset asset.
Pam, food slave to the thoroughly spoiled Dashing Bassets