[Dailydrool] Benny's cancer

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Aug 26 07:06:40 PDT 2010

<<I felt bad I didnt know Benny was full of cancer..but he was so brave and
hid it so well..I remind myself i took him to the vet three times for the
limp.if they dont know again how can I.>>

My vet always tells me, in cases like this, that animals are very  stoic
about pain. Though Alexis must have had lung cancer for a while, we didn't
know until three weeks before it became so painful we had to send her to the
Bridge.

>From what I have heard and read, this stoicism is a protection--animals will
pick on a dog that is sick, so they have to hide it. Of course they cannot
tell the difference between other creatures' and the humans' reactions

You did nothing wrong, and even doctors are not all-knowing. I am sure Benny
was much loved throughout his time with you.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets