[Dailydrool] I know

Alice Heidbreder aliceheidbreder at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 16:49:53 PDT 2010

With all of the bassets leaving us to go to the bridge, I remembered when my last basset had to leave me. Her name was Mitzi, she was 14 years young, I say young because she was young at heart to the very end, I called her my baby girl and she will always be that (even though she has been gone for seven years now). I wrote this while she was in my lap at the vets office right before I let her go. It is always hard to let a pet go but rest in peace in knowing that you were and always will be the best mom or dad you can be.  I cry every time I read a pet has left us because I think of her.

                                       I KNOW

I know my time to go is near and I must go soon.
I wanted you to know that you were the best mom/dad ever.
I know that you took me to the best vet-doc you could find.
I know that you spoiled me very much every day.
I know that you loved me to the ends of the earth and back.
I want you to know that I love you and I am watching you in Doggy Heaven.
I know that one day we will be back together, in heaven.
Most of all I want you to know that I am always with you everyday in your heart and memories.
I must go now and won't say good bye, I will say I love you and know we will meet again.

Drool to all who need it.

Alice (mom to Princess Maxine)