[Dailydrool] Zoey update and thanks

Lynn & Linda Ferrell ldferrell at msn.com
Sat Aug 28 14:29:40 PDT 2010

Thanks to everyone who sent and posted help and advice about Zoey's paw.  It
is doing much better. It has responded well to the antibiotics and the
steroid spray and is healing nicely. Benadryl has helped to keep her from
wanting to lick it. She continued her opposition to wearing a sock and even
spraying her foot. The former was accomplished only twice and the latter was
done with the assistance of the muzzle, which she would put on for treats,
at least when a friend assisted me. Sometimes I could get a spritz in when
her attention was diverted, but she caught on quickly. It was hugely useful
to hear that even limited time for the spray without licking would be
helpful and someone's tip to give her the benedryl an hour before trying to
make my moves with the spray or sock was golden.  I did not have to use a
cone or collar. I did try rolled up towels twice and while my technique was
not quite up to keeping her from reaching her front foot, she did not mind
the towels at all and I will certainly keep it in mind using a longer towel
and duct tape should the need arise again. Thanks again for your help and
encouragement! Droolers are indeed the best.

I went with a friend today to Bassetfest outside Milwaukee so that she could
adopt a basset. We had a great time and Edith, her new five year old red and
white is a real sweetie. Zoey will meet her soon.
Linda and Zoey