[Dailydrool] This and that

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 20:16:39 PDT 2010

Today's Drool made me smile--Conley's love life problems and the basset 500
through Lake Elder Clara. Bo tells me he is very proud indeed of all the
vigilance across the nation regarding new threats to bassetdom from land and air
and sea (well, not sea today as reported on the Drool, but since Bo can't swim,
he sees anything near the sea as a threat; something about which he is slightly
embarrassed, being Commander of the Pacific Basset Feet and all and living on an
island).

There are some exciting new developments in the Pacific Basset Feet. We have
added a "Press Release" section to the Communications part of the website. There
are pictures of new hound and houndette enlistees. And Bo's slave, her brother,
and Muldoon's dad are working on some new sections. One is an organizational
chart outlining chain of command. You will be able to click on a category (e.g.,
"Admirals" or "NCIS" and find a list of all the hounds in this unit). Our hope
is that this will help enlistees wanting to set up fundraising projects
featuring particular units (e.g., a poster of Rocky the Flying Squirrel hoisted
on his own petard by the ASTT?) And Muldoon is still working on a ship's
registry. Good Ship Lollipup, PBR, and Icebreaker Lost Wages, contact Muldoon
(divlog at msn.com) to pick out a picture of your ship. Montana Basset Rescue is
working up a fundraiser idea. And my brother tells me that posters can be made
for about $7 apiece at WalMart's, a much lower figure than we had found before.
I like the idea of laminated placemats featuring different units and/or
different ships and their crew (complete with basset pictures). So PBF
members--be sure to send in your photos of yourself (in uniform or out); ships
be in touch with Muldoon. I think we can help out Montana Basset Rescue and some
others too--goodness knows, so many are in need right now. Semper fido,
everyone. Val, Bo, CICPBF, and Lt. Harley (hey, houndettes, I'm very handsome.
Just don't tell Ruby the chihuahua you're writing me).