[Dailydrool] Lat night's advenchurs

Synthia and Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 08:40:42 PDT 2010

Yesterday evening, just after I'd fed the boyz, my dad came in and told me they had a visitor. We went out front and Walter, from across the street (also from Yugoslavia), was there with his dog Bella. He said he'd heard music and wanted to meet whoever had the beautiful voices (such a sweet man!). He said he loves hounds and the deep voices. Bella was very sweet and came in to play a little with Zuma and Kahuna. Walter also has a little Doxie named Popeye, who wasn't  with him. Walter lost his wife, Zora (from Macedonia!), about 6 months ago, so he really enjoyed the houndie kisses and attention. We will make it a point to visit regularly.

Then, later on our walk, we went left, up the hill from our house, and the boyz climbed up a hill next to the sidewalk to investigate the bushes. When they came back down, Zuma wouldn't walk on his rt front foot....he was just holding it up. He didn't even want to limp or hop. I tried carrying him - not real successful and Kahuna thought we were playing a game and started racing in circles around me, wrapping me in the flexi. I put Zuma back down, untangled myself and tried again. Then Kahuna took off running down the hill and I braced myself for the tug when he hit the end of the flexi, trying not to drop Zuma....he went down again but at least I didn't drop him. Giving up, I tied Zuma to a light pole, with no idea how he was going to react being left behind, and ran back down the block and a half with Kahuna. Put Kahuna in the yard, grabbed my keys and raced back with the car. Zuma was laying patiently next to the pole, waiting for the limo to arrive. Got him home, my dad helped hold him while I looked at his foot, and I found a huge thorn in his pad. It was 1" long, with 3/4" in his pad. No wonder the poor guy wouldn't walk. He was much better when I pulled it out and cleaned his foot, and no limping at all this morning and the foot seems to be healing with no swelling.

They need to watch it! I don't want to give Auntie Dawn any problems when I leave them with her next week!

Drool to all who need it....I think of all of you when I read and send drool, but haven't been able to write messages as much as I'd like.

Synthia, Zuma (this is like the lion and the mouse, and that makes me the lion!), Kahuna