[Dailydrool] Belly button question

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 19:47:30 PDT 2010

Okay.  'Scuse me while I ask a really stupid anatomy  question.

Where is a dog's belly button?

Here's why.  I was rubbing a friend's dog today and  felt a lump -- hard,
seemingly attached underneath, about an inch circle.   I, of course, being
the original alarmist/pessimist/fatalist, was convinced she  had breast
cancer.  I pointed it out to my friend and she laughed and said,  "that's her
belly button."

Well, I would have thought a dog's belly button was --  oh, I don't know,
on the belly?!?  This was about center between the corner  of the ribs (told
you, I'm stupid at anatomy -- about where they then taper off  to the side).
 I would have identified it as being in her breast, rather  than stomach.
And does a belly button feel like a hard lump?  The dog  is about 2 years
old, not spayed (she's going to have her have babies her next  heat).

After a lifetime of doggie tummy rubs, I've never felt a  belly button like
this!  But then, I guess I learn something new every day  ... and I've got
so much to learn ...

Thanks!

Stupid Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB, who had  nice smooth tummies)