[Dailydrool] Maggie vet update

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 06:47:36 PST 2010

Well, we are back from the vet. It was like taking a kid to the
pediatrician. As soon as we pulled in, she went all "peppy" and started
whining. I walked in and said I swear she was way worse off than this. We
were the first ones seen. Her ...heart is good, she has a double ear
infection (I knew that going in), she has some kind of allergy going on to
something (chewing at her back legs), he tried to give her canned cat food
and she wouldn't eat for him, no temperature, no signs of pain as he pushed
and prodded, she walked fine for him. Gums great color. No obvious signs of
distress. I told him he was the miracle cure. She was given an injection for
the allergies, ointment for the double ear infection, and we were given the
choice to do further testing. He offered blood work to check chem screen,
liver panel, etc. We declined that for now as she was acting fine there.
 She came home, barking again, walking fine, and ate her breakfast. It is
like this morning never happened. The other dogs keep sniffing her and she
even growled at them. We are in the watch and see phase at this point. The
vet said bring her right back in if we notice any changes. He said at over
11 years old she is bound to have an "off day" and it could be that. Thanks
everyone for the well wishes. I hate to go to work and leave her, but I must
as I took last Friday off and was sick on Monday.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,