[Dailydrool] Fw: Liz, & Insurance

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Dec 2 09:32:51 PST 2010

Ear healing, get rid of the ear yuckies drool for Fiona.  We hope that
you recover from your ear infection soon.

Liz: Snappy dogs is one thing that I do not tolerate so anytime that I
have had a dog that got aggressive (snap or growl at me, a guest, one of
the other submissive dogs) I have grab their muzzle held it tight and
stared in their eyes growling "NNNNOOOOOO" until their eyes broke from
mine. Usually it only took once.  But on one that has been getting away
with bullying for a while it may take several "attitude adjustments" as
I call them. Also walking them together is always good, and that is the
one thing that The dog whisper harps on...WALKS, walks Walks.

Insurance: Upon the recommendation from my vet I do not have insurance
on my hounds.  Dr. B. suggested that we either 1. Start a savings
account that is just for the dogs medical, and every month deposit the
amount that you would have given to a pet insurance company. Or get the
hounds their own credit card, that is used only for them.  Remember
insurance companies are in the business to make money, so in the long
run you will probably pay into them more than they ever pay out on your
pet. You are gambling that your pet will get sick and they will actually
cover it...Sounds a little like Vegas to me.  For me I have a credit
card that is for the boys and their BUV (hounds have to have a
dependable ride).

Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brother
Colt & Ruger