[Dailydrool] Naughty Dogs

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Dec 2 09:33:24 PST 2010

The boys had been being so good lately...until Monday when they got into
the laundry basket and chewed the strap of my over the shoulder boulder
holder. It looked like someone had taken a pair of scissors to it!
Tuesday and Wednesday they had gotten into the Recycle bin and shredded
up a biscuit box and some paper. Yesterday I was really p.o'd at them.
I returned home after my yearly violation, and their nice bed that I
made them was torn up! They have not torn up a bed in over a
year...until now.  They had a whole chewed through the baby crib
mattress cover and a little of the foam chewed off the edge. There was
an extra piece of foam along the side of the main piece that made the
bed wide enough for their old flimsy beds to lay on top of it.  This
took the worst of it. There was torn pieces of foam and mattress cover
all over their room...It looked like a hale storm had hit the room. So I
told them that they were bad, put them outside and cleaned up the mess.
They sat on the patio watching me through the sliding glass door with
their sad little faces. I told them that if they tore it up again that I
was shipping them to Montana to live with Aunt Leslie and see if they
tore their nice warm beds up there?  So once I cooled off a bit, I
figured that they had some pent up energy...so last night at 6:30, 2
mile ruck march, at 0500am I rolled them out of bed for another 2 mile
walk! Oh yeah temps have dipped here to around 35 in the morning and
maybe 40-50 for the late afternoon/night walkie.  Also Auntie Val has
been instructed to give them more yard time, since the itchicyde seems
to have dissipated. I'd bet that the main culprit in the destruction is
Colt, but can't prove it.  Not saying that Ruger didn't help, but this
has Colt's signature style written all over it.

Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brother
Colt "I didn't do it"
Ruger You did too"