[Dailydrool] Cowboy 2.0

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 17:05:38 PST 2010

On Nov 18, Cow was neutered at age 4. Previously he was a good boy with a
wild streak. He submitted to Rupert being the Alpha in the sense of hogging
all toys and parents, but he always had that humping urge when out and about
with other dogs.

Since recovering from his neuter, he has more energy than before. He runs
the basset 500 more often and more laps than before. He tackles Rupert and
has no problem (play)fighting for a toy. He has no issue with coming up and
asking for attention while Rupert is getting it. (Previously he would have
just sauntered off, accepting the fact that Rupert was a hog)

My theory? I told James I think he can run more because he no longer has 2
giant nuts knocking between his knees and giving him a bellyache. James
thinks I'm a dork, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

What do you guys think? Is it common for a newly neutered dog to have more
energy and more alpha-desires? We don't mind Cowboy version 2.0, just
curious if this is common, or if maybe his energy is just from being inside
more due to colder temps....then again we live in San Diego, so it's never
really too cold to go outside....hmmm, anyway enough babling, just wondering
what my knowledgable fellow droolers think.

Thanks and drool to all,
Kacy w/
Cowboy (I used to not care about alpha since I had the nuts and knew I was
topdog, btu now that we are on even playing ground, its on!)
and Rupert (who's this crazy kid and why does he think he can take my
toys?!)