[Dailydrool] Back from the CBHR Waddle

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 18:56:29 PST 2010

Well, we're back from the CBHR waddle in Charleston.  I've never seen so
many adorable bassets in one place.  Miss Poppy was respectful and kept her
barking to an absolute minimum.  She only snarled a few times, once when
some young stud tried to get fresh with her.  What a wonderful turnout.  I
would never have imagined our 3 bassets hanging around a beach bar, but they
did.  They walked the beach in the evening and in the middle of the night
(despite a broken elevator) and again in the morning.  This explains why
Miss Poppy couldn't finish the parade and ended up on the "Pooped pub
truck".  In our previous waddle, the only observers were basset owners.
 This time, all of Charleston was out.  Miss MacKenzie ignored their
comments "wow, look at the fat basset... but what a pretty face" (She's
curvy, not fat,,,,, well that's what she believes..  We realize that she's
HUGE.).  Gallagher strutted, if only to get back to his warm car.  Poppy was
there to show the rest of the rescues what a real lady does.  Of course
seeing MacKenzie next to other bassets we now realize just how curvy she's
become and I'm definitely going to work on the DH to stop the snacks.

Gallagher, It's quiet now.  I'm going to take a nap.
Poppy, I'm exhausted.  All those peeps, just to see me.
MacKenzie.  I'm not fat, I'm fluffy.  Round is a shape!