[Dailydrool] newest Honnold Hound

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 16:16:30 PST 2010

It gives me great pleasure to introduce Sir Huckleberry Honnold, the newest
member of the Honnold household.

Huckleberry (formerly Bandit) came to us as only God and Bassets at the bridge
could arrange.  Huckleberry was a litermate of Hollyberry ATB whom we lost in
the fire.  One of my clients at work had taken in a Basset from the family who
orginally purchased him. They could no longer keep him bacause of a move and the
client herself was having trouble feeding him and the 9 other dogs she has. She
asked about Basset rescue. I had given her GABR information but she never
followed through with them. Last Friday she came to the office and I asked about
the Basset. She still had him and as we talked about him I realized that he had
been bred at the same place as Hollyberry. Then I realized that they had the
same birthday. I came home and told my husband and grandson we were getting
another Basset, and he is Hollyberry brother. Yesterday morning, i called the
client and we agreed that I should get him Tuesday evening....and I did.

He has Hollyberry eyes and is on the smaller side and is very skinny. He
tolderated a bath well, and loves the treats I had. He can be part of the
sitteruppers club because he will sit straight up on his butt for a treat...and
he walks on his back legs.

The Lady Thelma Lou is busy letting him know that she is Queen here.

I had not really planned on another dog yet. But this is beyond my planning....I
got Holly for Christmas 2 years ago...and now Huckleberry....along with The Lady
Thelma Lou, my precious heart-saver hound...we are complete
again...different...but complete.

Merry Christmas to you all...and snooters Galore!
Maggie Honnold
The Lady Thelma Lou...mom! I am still Queen
Sir Huckleberry Hound...I think that I like Dad's chair best
HOllyberry (ATB) and Noah (ATB)  WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOM CAN BE HAPPY
AGAIN!!!!!!!