[Dailydrool] bassets and bloat

Jacqueline MARANGOS marangos6 at orange.fr
Wed Dec 8 07:21:47 PST 2010

I have a new puppy basset - Fendi just 5 months old. My wonderful Barnaby passed to the bridge in September and I pannicked and went and got Fendi from a breeder.
--My puppy is so beautiful and loving but the story about bloat is scary. Like all puppies she eats three times a day and especially in the evening when her friend Vodka is at home they eat in about three seconds flat and rush outside to play and run about - the playing goes on for about an hour and a half. Is this dangerous for bloat ? and if it is how to prevent them from playing etc. for couple of hours until they have digested?? I might add that getting them to play before eating would be almost impossible.
Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
Jackie in France