[Dailydrool] Long (Maybe) Term Foster Care Needed for Elderly Basset With Cancer

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 9 18:03:13 PST 2010

Bluegrass Basset Rescue has an old (12-ish) basset gentleman needing end-of-life foster care.  He--Grandpa--is stocky and squishy and everything a basset should be :)  He sleeps a lot and is housebroken.  He is also blind and has a tumor on his spleen.  We don't know how much longer he has on this earth, but we DO know he is easy to care for and doesn't ask for much.  His blindness is inconsequential to him; he navigates very well and other than needing guidance the first time he went to the back door to go out, he learned his way around my house very quickly.  Can go up and down stairs with ease.  He cannot be picked up around his belly as this pushes on his tumor and causes him pain and distress.

If you think you could offer him a warm place to sleep (he has his own giant fluffy bed), please let us know.  He has the most adorably wrinkly front legs!

If old isn't your speed, could you foster Trolley, a 5 yr old lemon and white we have been boarding for the past 2 months?  I have 6 dogs here at my house and simply cannot add another.  He is housebroken and playful--likes to reach back and grab the leash in his mouth and walk himself!

If you can't foster, perhaps you could donate kennel fees ($10 per day) or offer to sponsor a basset on our website http://www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 3