[Dailydrool] special thanks

Helena Poist helenapoist at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:14:33 PST 2010

I dont get to read the drool like I use to. I dont get to post as often either. Between working and family and rescue. there are only so many hours in the day but I love the drool family and would like to take a minute to thank Kelly Epley in Kansas city. On thanksgiving sat, Kelly and her friend drove to an auction and came home with 28 dogs. some doxies, some bassets, a beagle who cost a $1 and a corgi who cost $5 and a variety of other dogs. who we had rescue committment for.. We didnt know what we were getting into and Kelly set up for the dogs in her basement. Some of these dogs are very small and skittish so caring for them was i am sure a real effort. We found rescue for all but 2 but they took over two weeks before we moved the majority of them... and Kelly got the flu.. but the dogs still needed care and attention. So kelly did what she had to do and I am proud to say that most of them are safely on their way to new homes. In Missouri, there are so many mill releases, auctions, literally dogs are everywhere and pleas for mill releases are never ending. But without Kelly's unselfish efforts, all 28 would have perished. When dogs are sold for $1; they dont leave the auction site. They are killed right there. In mill terminnology it is called "culling" their herds..

Say a prayer for all those dogs who dont have a home or spend a life of breeding with no quality of life. (some of these even younger dogs had tumors, bad teeth, and other medical issues)... and HUG your bassets...
and thanks for your continued support of basss rescue.

Helena Poist Vice President of Marketing and Sales Proplanner.NET ISU Research Park 2321 North Loop Drive Ames, IA 50010 515-296-7526 helena.poist at proplanner.NET